Greek Peak to not Operate in 12-13?

EMSC

The article is very short on details.. such as exactly what assets are to be 'auctioned' or not, etc...

But things are finally getting interesting for 'ol Greakus Peakus. Most locals only real hope/desire is that GP remains roughly unscathed with the exception of the entire current management/ownership team being kicked to the curb very unceremoniously...

Judge sets auction for Greek Peak assets

http://www.stargazette.com/article/...eak-assets?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Awesome!

$6.76M bid for the whole place, all parcels. That would be around 14 cents on the dollar of the debts owed. I thought for sure it would be at least 25 cents on the dollar. For those curious, almost all of the debt was from USDA rural development guaranteed loans from your (well for the US posters of this board) federal tax dollars. And after all $47M was spent... nothing was improved or added on the ski hill itself!

Some of the debtors are objecting to the above bid thinking they can get a better offer (there were only 4 bidders from the nearly ~160 solicitations).

The current high bidder is from Elmira an hour away which makes me think that the Judge will have a softer spot for the bid and let it go through (a state judge, not a federal one is involved). Given the locality of the bid I strongly think the answer is that senator Chuck Schumer leaned on some friends to put in a high bid in order to save/serve his own interests in some of the parcels. My take is that the construction company bid/winner will keep Big Al right in charge under the exact same management team (since they have no clue on running a ski resort either)... Just guesses by me reading the tea leaves, here... but I'll be very surprised at any result outside of exact same team and slimy politicians involved in GP management except with a sweet free gift of over $40M from the taxpayers.

Back