Mont Tremblant December 19-20

mitch28

Thanks to the storm earlier this week, Tremblant is in better shape than usual for this time of year. Most of the north side is open, with the exception of steeper runs like Expo, Dynamite, Buzz and Cossack. Conditions were pretty good over the past two days. The groomers were smooth with little ice, and the ungroomed runs had soft snow, with moguls starting to form and not too many rocks. The upcoming storm hitting the east coast is supposed to drop a lot of snow in Tremblant, so tomorrow and Saturday should be good.

Right now they have around half of their runs open, but if we get all the new snow they're calling for I wouldn't be surprised if they open up at least 80% of their runs for the weekend, if not more. They started running the Soleil chair yesterday to clean it off so that's probably a sign that they're almost ready to open that side. I hope the Edge opens for tomorrow.

Should be epic in the Laurentians and I do not use that word lightly. Will be out there tomorrow morning heading for the old haunts. Already this morning reports are of 6 ". Ski season has begun -Finally :-D

Back