Tremblant December 22

mitch28

Very interesting day at Tremblant today. The snow report claimed 20 inches, and the wind was howling. The Edge was supposed to open today, but there was an electrical problem so it was closed all day. the Expo chair wasn't running all morning because of wind. With the Expo chair closed, the line for the Duncan chair was enormous. We only did one run from the top in the morning because the line was so bad. After an early lunch, my friend and I decided to hike to the top of the Edge. There's a cat track from the top that leads to a beginner south run so we walked up. It was only about 15 minutes, and the knee deep turns in the trees definitely made it worth it. In the afternoon, the Expo chair finally opened, so I had two great runs down Dynamite. I've never seen so many skiers on the pitch. Unfortunately, a lot of them couldn't really do it so they scraped off all the snow, leaving the rocks uncovered. On the next ride up the Expo, the chair stopped and wouldn't move for around 40 minutes. It turned out that they lost power, so they had to hook up the backup Diesel engine. The ride up was slow and very windy! On the bright side, when we got to the top we noticed that patrol wasn't guarding the closed Expo, so it was ours for the taking. The run down almost justified the long ride up! After 4 straight days I think I'm ready for a break, so ill skip tomorrow and go again Monday. Tomorrow, the Edge will have plenty of fresh lines (if it opens) and the rest of the hill will have soft bumps.

mitch28":31l4o2vu said:
It turned out that they lost power.
It was issue at a few places in the Laurentians and here in the Outaouais.

Cascades and Fortune lost power yesterday morning. Edelweiss' power was on and off yesterday during the storm. I know that Fortune didn't have its power back on this morning and was closed. La Réserve closed at around noon yesterday and was still closed and without power today.

Patrick":2flqp2hp said:
mitch28":2flqp2hp said:
It turned out that they lost power.
It was issue at a few places in the Laurentians and here in the Outaouais.

Cascades and Fortune lost power yesterday morning. Edelweiss' power was on and off yesterday during the storm. I know that Fortune didn't have its power back on this morning and was closed. La Réserve closed at around noon yesterday and was still closed and without power today.

Even with all of that Hydro you guys have? Selling too much to the NE US I suppose. :wink:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

Admin":t4umnng9 said:
And Mitch, I for one appreciate the regular reports. Keep 'em coming!

Glad to hear! I'll be skiing Tremblant for the next week to get ready for my trip to Snowbird/Alta first week of January. Then its back to praying for snow at Tremblant and Jay.

Admin":2b769jt4 said:
Even with all of that Hydro you guys have? Selling too much to the NE US I suppose. :wink:

It happens when you have a lot of trees and powerlines and you get 50cm of not so light snow in one day.

mitch28":3jp1x5v7 said:

I'd especially like to see those Jay reports as they come, as those are my old stomping grounds. FTO, in fact, had its modest beginnings in 1994 as an insider's guide to Jay.

Admin":2mi1c6xm said:
mitch28":2mi1c6xm said:

I'd especially like to see those Jay reports as they come, as those are my old stomping grounds. FTO, in fact, had its modest beginnings in 1994 as an insider's guide to Jay.

I was there for opening weekend, but I probably won't make it back until after my trip. Hopefully they'll have more snow then! Do you still have any of those "insider guides" saved?

Oh good Lord, they're on a disk somewhere, but who knows where?

Since our fearless leader is far too modest and self-effacing :rotfl: to engage in self-promotion, submitted to Mitch for his approval are The Admin Chronicles, which includes the back story on his Jay Peak insider guides.

jamesdeluxe":28281x87 said:
Since our fearless leader is far too modest and self-effacing :rotfl: to engage in self-promotion

And you were doing so well, too, until you added the :rotfl: !

Back