Greek Peak, NY 12-25/26-12

EMSC

So far only kid stoke. Took my 3yr old down to the magic carpet both days for a few laps.

Frankly typical poor management of the place is going on yet again. About 6-8" of natural had fallen in the few days before Christmas. Somehow that was enough to open the castor trail on natural snow. Partly a statment on desperation to open something, partly a statment on how flat the castor trail is. Far more hideous is that after 4 days of making snow on trojan, it has yet to open. Not to mention that at 22F today they shut all snowmaking down at 10am with all of 3 trails open... and only a day after christmas. I do know that the FDIC is here weekly overseeing things due to the bankruptcy. Perhaps beurocrat interference?

Yes there is a big storm in the East. Yes GP has 6" tonight as of this writing with perhaps another 6" yet to go. But really? Stopping snowmaking? Crazy stuff. I gurantee they are the only ones in the east who stopped snowmaking. Anyway, I do hope to get on the hill at some point for myself. Hopefully we get enough tonight to justify it tomorrow with powder.

I'll post a couple pics in a couple days. Good to finally get Jr on snow even if for a few minutes at a time.

I would think Eldora would be an ideal place to start working with a 3-year-old on skis. Close to home, frequent short sessions to deal with limited stamina or attention span at that age. This game plan was executed brilliantly by JSpin in both Montana and Vermont. Of course it depends on the kid. Both of JSpin's and one of mine were highly motivated to ski at that age.

Tony Crocker":20hwxmh7 said:
I would think Eldora would be an ideal place to start working with a 3-year-old on skis. Close to home, frequent short sessions to deal with limited stamina or attention span at that age.

It will be at some point. As for today, I'm staying across the street from GP this week, so it's pretty convienient too :) .

jamesdeluxe":2zoflpjk said:
EMSC":2zoflpjk said:
typical poor management of the place is going on yet again.
Harv's forum has a decent-sized thread of grumbling from locals: http://forum.nyskiblog.com/Greek-Peak-s ... 21797.html

Some interesting stuff in that thread. I will say that no decisions by the FDIC will be made until the end of this season. There is at least one specific buyer who is interested in buying up the debt. Everyone I talk to is ridiculously hopeful that the current management team gets dumped somehow, anyhow in the process.

Here's a few pics of teaching time.

Image00001.jpg

Image00002.jpg

Image00003.jpg

Image00005.jpg

Image00006.jpg

Image00007.jpg

Back