Snow Ridge NY

Anthony

With all the weather notices being posted , we made a last minute move and drove to Watertown NY as have been watching the snow totals from last week and what is in the forecast. Tomorrow we will head to Snowridge . Have read favourable reviews of the ski area so looking forward to it.

Snow Ridge was good today. The snow started off slowly in the early morning hours . By midday about 3 inches of new snow and then the intensity ramped up so by about 15.00 hrs accumulation was close to 6 inches . Currently heavy snow is falling . Only 1 lift running to the summit today so spent the day riding the lift and hiking around looking at options. Used caution, as even with all the new snow not sure how deep the base is on natural snow trails. Tomorrow, all the lifts should be running and the snow is forecasted to fall late into the night. With this forecast, will stick around for another day as Saturday should be a great powder day. On another note lot of hype in the media about this storm but really just a snowfall .

Today was the day for powder. The web site said a foot had fallen overnight but more like a foot and a half. Deep snow up to the knees off the T Bar . Untracked run after run for hours today. The woods were amazing with deep snow everywhere. No lift lines and inexpensive lift tickets. Can't beat it for a Saturday. Even if you go tomorrow still lots of tracked powder and packed powder with untracked in the woods. Just have to find it. Will post some pics later.

Left from our west of Montreal city house. West on highway 401 through Eastern Ontario then south on I 81 at Thousand Islands to Watertown. Door to door to Snow Ridge 4 hours. The Montfort- Morin Heights -Christieville area of the Laurentians is our part time home away from home dating back in the family on both sides over 60 years. A area where skiing all began.

Had the camera on Friday morning and Saturday afternoon . No tree pics but still some shots to show the snow . Nice to ski wide open areas with deep powder.

Attachments

• SR1.jpg
    SR1.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 9,281
  • SR7.jpg
    SR7.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 9,275
  • SR6.jpg
    SR6.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 9,274
  • SR4.jpg
    SR4.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 9,274
  • SR2.jpg
    SR2.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 9,279
Yep. Still as small as I remember it. Looks worth it though considering the total lack of competition on a pow day. Some good steep-but-short woods off to the side if you know where to go as well.

Anthony":2ui5lhvx said:
Today was the day for powder. The web site said a foot had fallen overnight but more like a foot and a half. Deep snow up to the knees off the T Bar . Untracked run after run for hours today. The woods were amazing with deep snow everywhere. No lift lines and inexpensive lift tickets. Can't beat it for a Saturday. Even if you go tomorrow still lots of tracked powder and packed powder with untracked in the woods. Just have to find it. Will post some pics later.
Thanks for the TR. Brought back memories, as I spent my first full year skiing at Snow Ridge as a senior in high school. I skied there with my school ski team several nights a week, plus some weekends. It was a great place to learn, especially surrounded by the good skiers on the team.

Back