Calabogie Peaks ON : January 19, 2013 – First race

Patrick

I'm having issues with FTO lately...I login and write. Tonight I got some pictures up and then I go to preview and I'm asked to login again... losing what I wrote. Man, this is annoying. ](*,)

Here is one picture instead of 4 posted earlier.

This TRs is slightly different.

1) Not from Edelweiss or one of the Gatineau locals
2) It's from Ontario.
3) It contains pictures, action pictures.

Calabogie Peaks ON : January 19, 2013 – First race
http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2013/02/ ... irst-race/

It's a TR about logistics. Kids in race program parent will understand. Having two kids in the race program and one car can be challenging. Morgane’s first race of the season at one hill in Ontario and Tara’s ski program in Quebec. Two girls skiing at the same time in two different provinces.

Click link above to read more. :ski:

Patrick":262t1p2g said:
I'm having issues with FTO lately...I login and write. Tonight I got some pictures up and then I go to preview and I'm asked to login again... losing what I wrote. Man, this is annoying. ](*,)
It seems I'm not the only one. :stir:
I have learned, painfully, that I had better copy my entire text before I hit the "submit" button so that I can just repaste after FTO makes me login again.

For the two of you (or more) experiencing this issue, what browser and version are you using?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

Pat, some good action shots in there - and even posted prior to the next decade too! Chris' DNF is a classic shot. Pretty good for a 3fps camera.

Have to say that is some of the weirdest use of B-net I can recall though. What a super narrow corridor (appropriate around the 'glacier' & near lift towers, but the center 1/4 of the entire trail?).

I can't recall having to re-log in to forums myself, though over the past year I've had a number of times on FF and Chrome (and Dolphin HD on mobile) where the front page of FTO likes to toggle itself back and forth between mobile designation being either 'on' or 'off' with no help from me. And even when clicking/selecting the desired option it will refuse to comply... Then the next day everything is back to the desired method... Just to pile-on Admin ;)

Damn, it happened again. ](*,)

I had a bunch of answer to EMSC about 3 fps, bnet, etc. But I need to get skis done as I have to be at the hill at 7am. Chief of Course for the U16 Championships Slalom at Edelweiss. Ste-Marie hosted the Gs today.

jamesdeluxe":da4gjccb said:
Firefox 19.0, but I had the same issue with an earlier version.

Weird, I'm using FF 19.0.1 and have never had it happen to me.

What about Patrick and Tony? I'm looking for commonality here to try to narrow this down.

Tony Crocker":28byfrke said:
Firefox 19.0 for me. Problem started in the middle of last week.

Did you upgrade FF at around that time?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

Admin":19slrqwf said:
jamesdeluxe":19slrqwf said:
Firefox 19.0, but I had the same issue with an earlier version.

Weird, I'm using FF 19.0.1 and have never had it happen to me.
Same here: FF 19 and absolutely zero occurrence of the stated problem, either now or in the past.

Is it time to split this out into its own discussion?

Okay...sitting at home, not skiing at the start of March Break with a sick kid. It was 2 sick kids and one adult the last few days. Plan long road trip is being modified.

I'll try it again to answer these comments:

EMSC":1b89ydzw said:
Pat, some good action shots in there - and even posted prior to the next decade too! Chris' DNF is a classic shot. Pretty good for a 3fps camera.

Have to say that is some of the weirdest use of B-net I can recall though. What a super narrow corridor (appropriate around the 'glacier' & near lift towers, but the center 1/4 of the entire trail?).

The 3fps shots: from experiece, I've noticed that rapid burst can really suck, especially in racing. EMSC, you've coached so you know when the kid is suppose to turn. I just time it that what at every turn and shot 2-3 pics. For Chris DSQ's shot, I was about to shot then hesitated when I realized that we was about to straddled...I delayed a few fraction of a second. That pic was the 1st of the sequence (I have fairly far away and I cropped the original).

B-Net: the trail seems wide open, oh yeah there is a ton of snow and have been groomed, the centre of that open slope is an island of rough terrain (rocks, etc). It doesn't really show on the pics, but it would have real dangerous to ski into it for the skiers and skis.

Just posted a TR from the next day's GS race at Ste-Marie.

Back