Alta, UT 3/3/2013

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Day 49: Better with every run.

I'm late with this report and sans photos, so this is just a quickie. The storm thankfully arrived a bit earlier than expected, starting before sunrise and depositing 5" of 10% density snow all day, which just meant that each run got better and better. I therefore stuck around from the opening bell until closing.

With its density that was enough new snow to keep you off the bottom on low-angle runs, and softened the impact with the base on the steeper stuff.

I suspect that the three more inches that fell after closing made things even better for those who enjoyed the cloudless skies today. I wouldn't know. :-(

Admin":1t4tiaol said:
I suspect that the three more inches that fell after closing made things even better for those who enjoyed the cloudless skies today. I wouldn't know. :-(

Correction: Make that, "I wouldn't know first hand." Mira just emailed me this photo that she took of Miki at 2:53 p.m. this afternoon:

photo-4.JPG

Yes, Monday was great! No pictures, but went from opening till 4pm. Lone pine, Thirds, garbage chute, triple chutes were all creamy wind buffed hero snow.
Good to met you Sunday, too.
Today, things had set up a bit, but they opened ballroom and castle , both of which were hit hard, though fresh tracks could be found out by the wall. I am now sitting in the SLC airport waiting to go home to Philly, where everyone is apparently in a panic about a forecast of 4-8"" of snow tomorrow.

Darn it, I forgot to mention in my reporting this weekend that we bumped into each other at Baldy Brews. Great meeting you as well!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

Back