Snowbird 3/3-3/4

kingslug

Spent Sunday and Monday at the Bird, Sunday in a nice storm, Monday skiing the results. Since I haven't been there in a while I don't know the names of the runs we did. We stayed in the Gad area and pretty much hit everything we could. The snow kept changing finishing off with gropel, didn't matter as the day just got better and better, very warm as well. All I know is that we spent a lot of time in the woods with breaks in the moguls..Marks favorite terrain...Now Monday was a different animal...a scary one. It was pretty much the same deal except this time all that new snow was on a pretty hard base. We shot into as many tree runs as possible finding various conditions. A foray off the Little Cloud chair was..we got out as fast as possible in howling wind and ice. It quieted down so we tried again traversing all the way out to South Chute...very deep on a hard base but man was that a huge chute! They kept on pulling me into longer traverses, steeper shots, tighter trees..until..well I got pretty tired but we found some pretty deep stashes. After lunch they decided to try and finish me off..seems the attempts to kill me will never fail..so it was off to Scottys Bowl...that did me in..looking down 100 foot plus drops with 2 inches to spare was just too much, I finaly fell off the traverse and said I'm done..except I had a cliff beneath me so I had to traverse over a 100 feet to the edge of the bowl? Made our way down and across..man thats long ...and called it quits near 3 oclock. That goes down as the all time hardest traverse, too much side stepping with zero room for error...pretty cool though. All in all a great trip, bagging Main chute on Saturday, and skiing some of the steepest stuff I have ever done at the bird...

kingslug":3pmwqp66 said:
They kept on pulling me into longer traverses, steeper shots, tighter trees..until..well I got pretty tired but we found some pretty deep stashes. After lunch they decided to try and finish me off..seems the attempts to kill me will never fail.
Who was the tour guide, as admin was at work?

Tony Crocker":1cshfcqt said:
Who was the tour guide, as admin was at work?

Don't go there...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

kingslug":ctxpryu2 said:

We have a history of not playing nice together in the sandbox.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

Back