Saddleback Mountain, Maine 03/10/2013

jamesdeluxe":1ietc14b said:
Has Mapadu relocated back to God's Country or is he just acting as if?
Nah. Too many sticks and shrubs. Still must be the NorthEast.

I presume the subalpine skiing from that Appalachian Trail marker requires hiking above the lifts. How far?

Tony Crocker":2mzuodqh said:
I presume the subalpine skiing from that Appalachian Trail marker requires hiking above the lifts. How far?

Ten minutes or so, not far. Then you can traverse along the ridge in either direction for several minutes. There are several ways to ski back to the trails. Nothing huge or terribly steep, just some fun snowfields - and a very cool departure from the tighter confines of the east. Pretty unique for around here.

mapadu":11i124c1 said:
Nothing huge or terribly steep, just some fun snowfields - and a very cool departure from the tighter confines of the east. Pretty unique for around here.
Have you skied the Sugarloaf snowfields? If not, they should be equally high on your list.

Marc_C":36jqy1og said:
mapadu":36jqy1og said:
Nothing huge or terribly steep, just some fun snowfields - and a very cool departure from the tighter confines of the east. Pretty unique for around here.
Have you skied the Sugarloaf snowfields? If not, they should be equally high on your list.

I haven't - the two times I've been there, the snowfields were not open... I'm sure I'll get to them eventually!

Few months late, but enjoyed the video!
Very good clarity and good skiing. I was looking for some footage of Muleskinner, but don't believe I saw it. It's a narrow little serpentine trail off to the far skiers right of the trail layout that I found quite exceptional in my only visit to SBK a couple years ago. Hope to get back up there this season for a day or two. I didn't make it up to the true summit during my visit. I think that hike is more for photo ops than anything else, but what a photo op :)

Back