boot question

aaron12345

Okay, so I got skis off ebay and the guy had some extra boots he through in for free. The boots are Solomon Performa 6.0 and they have the heat moldable linings. I looked them up and they're not that bad (intermediates).
I was originally looking at and planning to get Nordica Beast 10s (right at my skill level), do you think these will dissapointment me (keep in mind I'm used to rentals and my friends old ones). The other concern is the boots are size 26.5, and my feet are measured at a 25, will these be way too big. They seem to be relativly comfortable from what I can tell from trying them on. What do you guys think about them? Thanks!

Aaron wrote
The other concern is the boots are size 26.5, and my feet are measured at a 25, will these be way too big. They seem to be relativly comfortable from what I can tell from trying them on.
I dont know the low down on the boots you write about, but in regards to your comment above I would be less concerned about numbers and more about comfort.
((*
*))NHPH

Well, we all know that some boots run very different in size than the number stamped on them, but the size and a half differential here concerns me. Comfy? That also concerns me. :lol:

A snug fit is important. Your toes should be lightly touching the front of the boot and you should only be able to lift your heel less than a quarter-inch when the boots are on. Perhaps the best test is a "shell fit": Pop the liners out of the boots, step into the empty shells, and press your feet against the front of the boot. There should be no more than a half-inch to one inch between the back of the shell and the back of your foot. If they're bigger than that, they'll be too sloppy.

thanks! about an inch and a half! these are going on ebay again :) (unless anyone wants to make me an offer - I'll sell for cheap!).

Back