Arctic Circle - Ski Mountaineering in Norway Video/Slideshow

HighRustler

While everyone is waiting for the snow to arrive I thought I would share a YouTube video/slideshow from my adventures with a couple of friends back in April in the amazing ski touring paradise that is Northern Norway.

Arctic Circle - Ski Mountaineering in Norway

Best viewed by selecting 1080pHD in YouTube and Fullscreen

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljP9GQQW87Y[/youtube]

Here's some shots from the video/slideshow as a taster:

34rg3zb.jpg

^ Powder turns high on Storstolpan on the island of Kvaloya

n1fazl.jpg

^Tackling the lower slopes of Trollvasstinden in the Lyngen Alps

vffodv.jpg

^Tromso Harbour at midnight

Enjoy!

Looks great from the short bit I watched on my phone! I've added it to my watch later list for the big screen TV.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Tony, the snow cover and quality was generally very good with skis on from the car every day. Most of the summits had cloud but we usually got lucky and a weather window appeared - no point in skinning for five hours and then not being patient enough to hang around for a while to get the best descent possible. :) This might sound crazy but ski mountaineering in Norway feels quite similar to Scotland but on a larger scale with similar terrain and better snow cover. The mountains are less than half the height of the Alps but the descents are every bit as good in the right conditions. A trip to the Alps would have been easier on the wallet however but I will probably return to Norway again next spring. There is so many potential lines to be skied.

Back