TR - Whiteface 2014-01-09

admafw

I get lots of e-mails from resorts advertising deals on lifts but I just couldn't resist the siren song of a $12 ticket on NY State ski day. (2014-01-09) The morning was spent skiing Little Whiteface since the summit quad was on wind hold. Actually, with the crisp morning air, riding the gondola worked out pretty well. The skiing could be best described as "strong technical Eastern skiing." Oh well, if life gives you thaw/hard freeze, you pick your spots and ski the sides... Lots of snow guns blasting with good skiing under the arcs of the plumes. I also found decent snow along the sides of the terrain park.

Did one trip to the top - the picture below pretty well describes it - the place certainly lived up to it's nickname today!

IMG_5157 - Copy (Large).JPG

Still: $12 ticket + >3000' vertical + not at work + pub at the base = good day skiing!

The one-pic TR that conveys everything you need to know. =D>

If Whiteface is the ski area that's describing its conditions that way (and on the upper mountain no less), you know that it's gotta be bad.

admafw":33o239by said:
The skiing could be best described as "strong technical Eastern skiing." Oh well, if life gives you thaw/hard freeze, you pick your spots and ski the sides...Still: $12 ticket + >3000' vertical + not at work + pub at the base = good day skiing!

=D> In the immortal words of Roy Batty (Rutger Hauer): That's the spirit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P44vhvPGO6Y (warning: clip contains a little bit of the old ultraviolence)

Back