Ottawa's skiing thread and TR compilation 2014

Patrick

I just saw that Admin was up to Day 39. Like Admin, my skiing has strongly focus (more than ever) within 25 miles.

I haven't skied that much, but I haven't been able to be as productive as Admin on TRs. I didn't see fair to created thread with simple links (as I'm don't have the energy to spend cross-posting etc).

Here is the list and link of my local days so far.

Edelweiss QC : December 2-3, 2013 – 2 hours under the lights
Edelweiss QC : December 6-8, 2013 – Teaching an old dog new tricks
Edelweiss QC : December 15, 2013 – Powder Training
Edelweiss QC : The Eleven days of Christmas Holidays 2013
Edelweiss QC : January 12 & 15, 2014 – Potholes of Life

And the latest....
Vorlage – Fortune QC : January 18-19, 2014 – First race weekend Lookout to Iceline There are a few pics in this TR.

January 25, 26, 28 & 29 are in draft talking mostly about the return of Winter.

My local days so far... if you count this morning, it makes 23 days at Edelweiss, Fortune 2, Vorlage 1. So 26 local within 25 miles from downtown Ottawa. I'm going to be at Cascades tomorrow. The outer region outings have been 1 at Titus, 4 at Tremblant and Sunday River 1. So I'll reserve this thread for my local outings.

Tony Crocker":vk4jhk78 said:
Patrick":vk4jhk78 said:
Like Admin, my skiing has strongly focus (more than ever) within 25 miles.
You really want to serve up a softball like that? :lol:

I know, but I can't complain much as I know a bunch of people would love to be so close to skiing. Trying to figure out when I'll be able to ski outside the region, but waiting for base on the biggest mountain south of the border to increase. Right now, it looks like I'm booked for local skiing 4 days or evenings a week for the coming month.

I don't know how Admin does it? Skiing so much and able to produce so many timely TRs?

I've only skied 2 times outside the locals after January 1st, one being at MRG (and posted) on Feb 14 and 90 minutes at Avila in the Laurentians. That being said, I'm up to Day 48. One more day than last season's 12-month total and 17 less than my personal beat. Needless to say, I'm a few TRs behind.

Here is a timely TR about Mont Ste-Marie last Saturday. Not sure if it reflected of the general conditions that day as I basically stayed on one run all day.

Ste-Marie QC : February 22, 2014 – RacIcy

Regardless of last weekend conditions, we've had an amazing season. We didn't lose much snow from last Friday's rain, but conditions definitely got much harder. As someone once said..."there is no bad snow, just bad skiers" !!!

Back