Crapatalk!

Marc_C

Just installed Tapatalk on iPad & iPhone. What a wondrously miserable user experience! And to enter this post in Chrome, I had to tap through no less than 4 admonitions /ads to install TaT. Someone should be shot for that alone!!!

The *HUGE* problem is that it linerizes the sub-forums into a timeline feed, so I get to see all the new posts in all the forum subsections that I don't care about. If there's a way to change this behavior, I can't find it.

Remember: "If the user can't find it, it's not there!"

Tap the top left, hit forums and you get all the forums. Timeline isn't bad as you can find recent posts from every forum. I generally use the unread option and see what's happened since I last checked (hint mark all threads read once then it only lists new ones)

epugu5ym.jpg

dyhy8yna.jpg

I know that. You're missing my point - I don't want *all* the forums. I ignore most and I sure don't want to see the unread posts in all of them. I mean, who cares about the mid-west or eastern forums anyway?

Therefore just hit "Forums" (or "Browse" on Android) and navigate to the forum you want to read.

Or as Socal suggested, just do the "unread" thing and read only the posts you want to read, then mark all read once done. It's not like there are thousands of new topics here each day anyway. You can also Subscribe on the forum level to only those forums you want to read.

I actually use Tapatalk with the forums far more than a PC. And you'll find that it works with tens of thousands of other online fora, including probably most that you follow.

Oh...and quit whining. :wink:

Marc_C":2z83hmbn said:
I know that. You're missing my point - I don't want *all* the forums. I ignore most and I sure don't want to see the unread posts in all of them. I mean, who cares about the mid-west or eastern forums anyway?

How do you get your web browser to ignore them? They're all there, you just pick the ones you wanna read.

And like admn said, how many posts are there really? If there's like 1-3,a day its not hard to just click them to make them go away like I'm sure you do in your email box.

I do agree though that Tapatalk isn't the best, but its not that bad and easier to find out what's going on than the PC.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Admin":3kxj21ul said:
Therefore just hit "Forums" (or "Browse" on Android) and navigate to the forum you want to read.
Guys, that's entirely the problem. I hit Forums and my first choice is a list of forums I'm subscribed to - in this case only FTO. I select that and all I get is the Timeline - I've never seen the second screen that socal posted, the one showing the internal sub forums of FTO. I've finally been able to find it in crapatalk after hitting the hamburger menu control and stumbling around in there for a third time. That should not have been necessary, nor should it be hidden behind a second menu layer nor should timeline be the default nor should it have spurred this thread. IOW, overall, a very poor initial experience.

I didn't write it. I merely provide it as a service to our users as is rather ubiquitous in the online forum world.
Your frustration is better vented to the developers.

I'm somewhat in support of MarcC here. I get occasional notifications from Tapatalk. The click throughs usually go to the notification thread, but occasionally to a stale not current version. Further navigation within FTO is tedious, and if I'm motivated to browse FTO on my own via phone (not very often) I'll usually just do it in Safari to avoid the hassle.

So if the point of Tapatalk is to make it easier on mobile platforms, it's not doing that for me.

Back