Whiteface 2013-01-10

admafw

The New York state "ski day" offer of $10 lift tickets on the 10th was incentive for a 2 day mini trip into New York & Vermont. It was also the first time in years that I would be skiing with both my youngest daughter & niece - both having now finished university. (Not counting day trips to 300' hills in Ontario.) The day started a little rocky with strong winds & power issues delaying the openning of the lifts. The gondola opened about half an hour late and most other lifts got spinning by 11am. It's tough to complain about long lift lines on a $10 ticket and once most of the lifts were going the lines pretty much disappeared.

Conditions were excellent early in the day with a few icy patches appearing as the sun went around the back of the mountain and traffic pushed off snow in the high volume areas. After it being closed my last 2 visits, I finally got to try the new Wilmington run. It made for a nice change of pace from the steeper stuff, especially for 3 sets of legs that were getting a little tired on what was the first ski day of the season for all of us.

All in all a great opening day for my season...
IMG_5067 (Small).JPG

Been a while since I've seen you around here. Welcome back.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, I "lurk" regularly, but I don't post often because I only get outside of Ontario to ski a couple times a year.

Back