Monthly Ski Streaks Living in the East

Congrats. I think you'll find the first few months of her life easier to get some skiing in then during the next couple of years...

Congratulations!

The year Adam was born in December was my lowest season at 16 days. Skiing is doable in this scenario if within daytrip distance. By the time Andrew was born, Adam was already skiing. When you're taking the older sibling skiing, that makes makes life at home with the baby easier. That may be harder for Rog, as not so many 4-year-olds are up to his type of skiing!

thanx guys! been a big year. did two things that i thought i'd never want to do if you asked me 5 years go. MARRIED AND A CHILD!

my wife's a skier so she wants to get our little one out as much as i do. we're planning on some days at wildcat with the vertical card for her and i get my free ski shop deal. we have friends that ski there and she can ski with them while i watch baby Ava for an hour or so, then we'll switch off. my wife also enjoys skinning/skiing up on george and late season closed ski area skinning/skiing, so we'll definitely hit that up with baby with us.

4 days old and off for a 2.5 mile beach walk from the house before heading to the brewery. she slept through it all! :mrgreen:

rog

Tony Crocker":f9y3feb3 said:
icelanticskier":f9y3feb3 said:
my wife's a skier so she wants to get our little one out as much as i do.
You should consult Jay Silviera in Waterbury. He has really raised the bar on teaching kids to ski. They were in face shot powder by age 6 and learning tele at 7.
http://jandeproductions.com/

I have a godson like that except he went the bumper route because his parents were competitive mogul skiers. He got as far as middle of the pack at the US Nationals by age 18.

15759237385_988a3c64c1_o.jpg

Back