Jake's legacy lives on in his sister

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I've got a quirky postscript to the sad tale of Jake's untimely demise Sunday night after being struck by a car.

On Tuesday I called Jake's breeder to inform him of what happened and to let him know what an amazing dog he bred. Allen filled me in on what's been going on for the past few years, including some health issues that forced him to scale back on his breeding operation. He kept only his white labs, and sold his chocolates to a breeder in Richfield, Utah, about 2.5 hours south of Salt Lake City. However, he had just spoken a few days earlier with that breeder, named Brent, and Jake's father Montanna and mother Grizzly had just had another litter 7 weeks prior.

I felt a bit odd calling Brent so quickly after Jake had passed, but the opportunity to have his very sister join our family was too much to ignore. Brent had 1 female pup left, but she was already spoken for. However, Brent had been unable to reach the buyer for several weeks. He'd make an all-out blitz to reach her for 24-48 hours, and if he was unsuccessful he'd sell the pup to us.

Fast forward to last night, when we met Brent in a parking lot in Payson and brought home Zoe!

20150206_090617_022_crop.jpg

She's a 5 lb. bundle of piss and vinegar (OK, mostly piss...) and we're thrilled to have her in the family and in due time she'll share in many outdoor adventures. Rest in peace my dear beloved Jake, but there's a little bit of you back in our home again.

Oh my GOD, she is the absolute cutest dog. What a face on her !!! I know you still miss Jake but I hope you have many great adventures with Zoe.

Thanks guys! She is so small right now. Jake was 11 weeks when we brought him home, and at 7 weeks she's about one-third the size. Our cat, who's not a big cat, is bigger than Zoe.

e156d4960b7976165559f322eb46022e.jpg

4583d7a9d7d36a97c3959d4904300a27.jpg

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQPC2fLYQNo[/video]
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUmhlCbK3Ls[/video]

Beautiful dog and name ...My daughter Zoe approves..
Your a brave man, nice furniture and white carpet...

She's actually doing surprisingly well for her age. One minor pee accident only each of the past 2 days, and today's was immediately after she rejected going outside in a downpour. She taught herself the pet door. But I'm still proactively taking her out every 30-60 minutes and watching her like a hawk - the only real way to house train - so she's occupying 100% of my time.

I got out for a couple of hours on Sunday morning. I have yet to post it, but it was far better than I had a right to expect.

Admin":n3on4wsq said:
I got out for a couple of hours on Sunday morning. I have yet to post it, but it was far better than I had a right to expect.
+1
I got there around 9:45 and skied till about 2:30 and was pleasantly surprised - at least above 9500'. Occupied much of my day with Ballroom/Baldy Shoulder, Backside, and some goofing around off of Supreme. The 1" the night before skied deeper than it was (yes, I know how ridiculous that sounds).

Back