Salomon X-Scream vs. Salomon X-Free

trader

First, I realize these are older skis, and not cutting edge. However, on a good day, I am an intermediate skier. I have the opportunity to buy a used set of one of these skis, and I was wondering how they compare and what ability level they are designed for. I am just looking for a ski that keeps me in control and confident in a variety of conditions. The skis I am looking at are 183cm and 184cm.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

trader":3gvc0vdx said:
First, I realize these are older skis, and not cutting edge. However, on a good day, I am an intermediate skier. I have the opportunity to buy a used set of one of these skis, and I was wondering how they compare and what ability level they are designed for. I am just looking for a ski that keeps me in control and confident in a variety of conditions. The skis I am looking at are 183cm and 184cm.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

How tall are you and how much do you weigh? The Xscreams are rock-solid, bullet proof at speed. The X-Free's are softer and won't give you that kind of stability, but they'll turn a bit easier.

I had a pair of X-scream series 187 cm's for some years and they were pretty fun to ski on... I am almost the same height/weight as you (maybe I was 6'1" 170 then as opposed to 185 now), and I am almost sure the x-free would be too soft for you, regardless of your level of skiing... id definitely go for the x-screams... They were pretty maneuverable and not all that stiff... you'll appreciate them more also if you ski a bunch and start hitting more challenging terrain (assuming that both pairs of skis are in similar condition, and one pair isnt totally busted up compared to the other one)

Sven

Back