Season 2015-16 Plans

EMSC":2ka1klcn said:
late Jan or early Feb...
This is an unscheduled part of our ski season. We'll drive somewhere the snow looks good, hopefully not as far as we have had to drive the last couple of seasons.

And.... after more debate the annual guys trip got moved to Feb 24-28, but still at Park City. Exact ski days at which resort to now be debated for ever more (or something like that). Any 'cheap' tix/ programs (like transferable 4 paks) or etc... ?

Only ones I'm aware of are ski shop discounts (surprised those still exist over that way) or ski city multi-day ones that don't include the PC areas (all 2 of them). Otherwise good luck with internet pre-purchase or liftopia.

Since I'm driving back that Sunday, I may do Deer Valet that last day to get out of dodge quickly.

EMSC":3oomdgyw said:
And.... after more debate the annual guys trip got moved to Feb 24-28, but still at Park City. Exact ski days at which resort to now be debated for ever more (or something like that). Any 'cheap' tix/ programs (like transferable 4 paks) or etc... ?

So, you're staying on the wrong side of the Wasatch again. Of course, any of you with a VR Epic Pass now get two out of the three PC ski areas.

Alta's $659 10-pack is fully transferable: http://buy.alta.com/season-passes

Tony Crocker":2uvz3suh said:
Yes, I would think EMSC's guy's group belongs on the other side of the Wasatch.

Not this particular group. A very mixed ability group with several just as interested in the eating and drinking scene as the skiing scene. PC is very much the style of about half to 2/3 of the group. With only ~1/3 of us much more into the steeps and hard core skiing.

My three destination trips are in the can:
-- SLC (Cottonwoods, Snowbasin, Sundance): Jan 9-12
-- Northern French Alps road trip (La Clusaz, Espace Diamant, Les Contamines/St. Gervais, Portes du Soleil): Jan 30 - Feb 7
-- Vinschgau, Italy road trip (Sulden, Schöneben, Watles, Schnalstal, Trafoi, Haider Alm): Mar 5-13

Back