Killington..only game in town?

kingslug

Seems like Killington is the only place worth going to...27 trails..and I'm sure will be the same mob scene as last week..but at least its something...

kingslug":3kn12i8w said:
Seems like Killington is the only place worth going to...27 trails..and I'm sure will be the same mob scene as last week..but at least its something...

Actually last Sunday wasn't as much of a zoo at Kmart.

I saw a tweet from Sunday River which is claiming to be the most open in the East or something like that. Not sure if it's %, acreage, miles, etc. Here is a quick rundown of the ski areas with the greatest % of runs open with at least 15% open.

That's it folks.

St-Sauveur QC 16% - 6 of 38
Tremblant QC 16% - 15 out of 96
Killington VT 17% -27/155
Stowe VT 18% - 21/115
Olympia (MSS) QC 19% - 7/37
Sunday River ME - 19% - 25/135
Loon 26% NH - 16/61

I will have some historical comparisons in my mid-December report and they won't be pretty.

Nonetheless some seasons that start out this bad turn around, notably 2006-07.

Unfortunately, any turnaround will be too late to prevent the entire East Coast from heading west for Christmas week.

Admin":344a9fal said:
Unfortunately, any turnaround will be too late to prevent the entire East Coast from heading west for Christmas week.

And there isn't any cold weather in sight for the next two weeks.

Yell, all I can say is that I choose a good year to break my ankle. More heeling time in December. :roll:

lono":3c3o35jf said:
Is the streak over?

Which streak?

1) Annual streak without breaking any bones? YES. That streak and ankle were broken on October 4. If you count the time I broke my thumb in around 1999, you have to go back to 1987.

2) Monthly ski streak? NO. That streak is still ongoing at #123 and counting. I skied last weekend at Kmart, I have all of January to heel better and get #124...I guess I choose a good fall to break something as the skiing is nothing to write home about. \:D/ (Yes, October was painful).

3) Talking about writing, that aspect has been more challenging the last couple of years. Too much stuff going around...in my head. (I've written note from many ski outings, I just need to get the energy and time to post them. Unfortunately right now, I have more pressing priorities.

Back