PSA: Beware of 123Mountain.com

Outside Magazine has become aware of the situation as well:
http://www.outsideonline.com/2051821/123-mountain-infuriating-gear-retailer

Outside Magazine":1o1lj1k1 said:
It’s hard to believe a Colorado gear shop could outrage so many customers in the age of crowdsourced review sites and marketplaces like Amazon. But 123Mountain, owned and operated by European couple Olivier and Anna Sofia Goumas, has been fending off lawsuits for years. Has their luck finally run out?

The author of the Outside piece has some additional info posted on mountainproject.com:

Brendan Borrell wrote:
I have an update on 123Mountain that some of you may be interested in. I wasn't aware of this at the time I wrote the story, but Olivier Goumas registered the trade name Summit Wearhouse in Colorado and has begun building a new website, summitwearhouse.com, which is not live yet. He is, however, selling gear on Ebay and other sites under the user id "Summitwearhouse" based in Frisco. Here's where things get even more interesting. Check out the site grivel-us.com, which Grivel tells me it is not an authorized retailer. The original registrant of that site was "Summitwearhouse." That same gear is also being sold by an Ebay user named "grivel-us" based in Sandy, Utah. This is all to say, it's not over yet! Once again, thanks to everyone who has shared their stories with me and helped me get this information out there.

The latest:
http://www.summitdaily.com/news/211...ailer-faces-scam-complaints-national-scrutiny

Apparently Summit County sheriffs enforced the eviction notice yesterday:
111699952_medium_3c9818.jpg

Posted by Niko on Mountain Project: http://www.mountainproject.com/v/dont-buy-from-123mountaincom/111504772__14

Edit: corrected name of law enforcement agency

That store is in Frisco. 123mountain closed the Lakewood store quite some time ago. Then they got evicted from Copper mtn base area... eventually opening in Frisco.

EMSC":27mep5f5 said:
That store is in Frisco. 123mountain closed the Lakewood store quite some time ago. Then they got evicted from Copper mtn base area... eventually opening in Frisco.
Yep, Frisco, and it was the Summit County Sheriff's Office that did the enforcement action - brain fart turned it into Lakewood. Corrected in original post.

Yup - appears the Sheriff was there to confiscate merchandise for a sale later to raise funds to pay off their original web developer who they owe money too. Sad part about all of this is their two girls who ski on the Loveland Ski team - are somewhat home schooled..and who did not pick their parents. Hopefully other kids are not messing with them. What a mess those two have put their kids in....sad story.

jamesdeluxe":31f5njv6 said:
Were you personally wronged by these crooks?
No, but a lot of people were, and the site easily turned up in net searches and had attractive pricing. I feel that we as a community of outdoor geeks need to bring these things to light when they occur.
Hence the PSA.

Back