Extraneous code in Reports

As an admin myself, about to do the same thing, I feel your pain.

I must say I thought it was super cool of Tony to volunteer to pay your development costs. =D>

Harvey44":z2p1gi3b said:
As an admin myself, about to do the same thing, I feel your pain.

I must say I thought it was super cool of Tony to volunteer to pay your development costs. =D>

This is very true, Harv, and I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't have been testy about it had we not had umpteen conversations along these lines in the past, including about not discussing internal issues on a public forum (it's only been 19 days since I last brought that issue up). However, "chip in" means I'm still paying someone the majority of his or her bill to do something that I can figure out myself.

Maybe I'm confused but I was kidding or didn't realize Tony volunteered to contribute. I was referring to the fact that in our forum there's lots of free advice but little understanding of time, money or the fact that you actually have a job and of course you want to ski as much as possible.

</incoherent rant>

Harvey44":3nmu4yid said:
Maybe I'm confused but I was kidding or didn't realize Tony volunteered to contribute. I was referring to the fact that in our forum there's lots of free advice but little understanding of time, money or the fact that you actually have a job and of course you want to ski as much as possible.

</incoherent rant>

=D>

BTW I'm thinking of taking the forum down. Fourth of July is the low point for traffic and I'll just kill it for a week or whatever it takes.

Admin has sent me zero back channel emails since this thread began. Since he is now requesting that I'll give it a try.

Yes I'm aware of the work involved maintaining a website as I have one myself.

And when it became evident that I'm the primary person impacted by the upcoming change I thought I should perhaps make a contribution to fixing the potential problems.

Yes it's admin's forum to run as he sees fit. It's also my decision where to make the effort to post reports. Patrick chose several years ago to post to his own blog to ensure control and preservation. I disagreed with that decision at the time as I believed the wider audience on FTO was important and also appreciate feedback from readers.

Back