Winter is back

Tony Crocker":2g6gicwj said:
Better get after it before it warms up starting Sunday.
Looks lovely.....

Tonight
Clear, with a low around -3. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 34. Wind chill values as low as -3. Calm wind becoming southeast around 6 mph in the morning.
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 14. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 35. Calm wind becoming north around 6 mph in the afternoon.
Sunday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 18. Light north wind.
Monday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. Calm wind.
Monday Night
A chance of rain and snow showers before 9pm, then a chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Tuesday
A chance of snow showers before 3pm, then a chance of rain and snow showers between 3pm and 5pm, then a chance of rain showers after 5pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. West wind 3 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Tuesday Night
A 30 percent chance of showers before 7pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11. Northwest wind around 7 mph.

Well the powdery goodness has been hammered into somewhat icy moguls. The coverage should take them into April though.

Admin":213e72vz said:
Call me shocked. :shock:
LOL, is sarcasm allowed on these boards?

Actually, some of the best skiing this past weekend for the entire winter in the NE. Groomed, packed "real" powder (and not that manmade crap some people call "snow"). And the weather was reasonably nice too!

And you would have been shocked at how good the conditions where at Stowe. Totally different from the Bush. Yes they had the usual ice on the steeps but the place was in great shape. The woods where deep. Not that I venture far into them, just the ones off Nosedive. I think we will be sticking to Stowe from now on. We even got to see how the rich live over at Spruce. Very nice, if you can afford $700.00 to $2500.00 per night. So all in all a damn good day, and with a discount tix of $46.00, a damn good bargain. :bow:

STOWE 2  3-19-17.jpg

STOWE 3   3-19-17.jpg

STOWE 3-19-17.jpg

kingslug":3dupy0w3 said:
with a discount tix of $46.00
Not sure where that came from, but those are the kind of deals you are unlikely to see under Vail management next year.

kingslug":3dupy0w3 said:
Totally different from the Bush.
In the same time frame after the same big storm? Both areas reported similar snowfalls from Stella. And Sugarbush is going to be the Vermont MCP area next year. Over the long run Stowe does rate to have better conditions than Sugarbush though I'll defer to locals to say how much better.

in this case way better. Very surprising. But I'm sure the locals where in the wood at the Bush where it was deeper than the marked runs.

Going to be a frigid day at Killington tomorrow with minus 20 degree windchills. Warming up after that but man is winter hanging around. Cold here in NYC today, sure doesn't feel like spring.

Back