Telemark Skiing Terminal Cancer Couloir Ruby Mountains Nevad

Marc_C

I was looking for something totally unrelated and came across this video....

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kpgg_zT3Wc[/video]

Very aesthetic line, doesn't look crazy steep so very doable by most of those fit enough to hike/skin the approach.

Looks almost as narrow as some of the stuff in La Grave for the one chute, though not even 1/10th as long. Not huge fan of their music choice for the vid, but can't win them all, lol.

On another sort-of-related note, I've been waiting like 10 years now for Admin to travel west for one of his spring/summer camping trips. For some reason he only seems to be able to figure out how to drive South from SLC. Seems like a head scratch to me given the lack of literally anybody over that way with huge mtn ranges and the solitude he says he likes for those kind of trips.

EMSC":2wcq7vc5 said:
On another sort-of-related note, I've been waiting like 10 years now for Admin to travel west for one of his spring/summer camping trips. For some reason he only seems to be able to figure out how to drive South from SLC. Seems like a head scratch to me given the lack of literally anybody over that way with huge mtn ranges and the solitude he says he likes for those kind of trips.
It's not the huge mtn ranges - it's the desert and red-rock country that is the draw.

Marc_C":3psb5pcn said:
EMSC":3psb5pcn said:
It's not the huge mtn ranges - it's the desert and red-rock country that is the draw.

Red Rock makes sense (though for 10 years straight with no deviations? :? ); but c'mon, there's not enough desert country in eastern side of Nevada along with the mtns? :-k

EMSC":18kmlrus said:
Looks almost as narrow as some of the stuff in La Grave for the one chute, though not even 1/10th as long.
Yes, shorter version of Le Rama, similar pitch but in powder instead of corn.

Admin has occasionally gone north in spring/summer, mainly for the kayaking trips.

At least there's more variety in admin's spring/summer recreation choices than his skiing choice. Note he has turned his nose up at 3 feet of new snow this week because the mothership closed on April 16.

And FYI, EMSC, there's some powder in your neck of the woods this week too. :stir: I think late April/early May is overall a sweet spot window for Colorado Front Range. It's more likely to have winter snow conditions when nearly no one else does, and there's still just enough terrain open with Loveland and A-Basin to make a fly-in trip to the cheap Denver airport worth it for out-of-towners. I've had 3 trips in that time frame, 1987, 1991 and 2015. Once you you get past first weekend of May, Loveland is closed and the odds of Pali/Zuma closing increase significantly each week, much reducing the attraction.

Tony Crocker":2qqfwm10 said:
At least there's more variety in admin's spring/summer recreation choices than his skiing choice. Note he has turned his nose up at 3 feet of new snow this week because the mothership closed on April 16.
Yet another assessment without knowing any details or context.

Tony Crocker":2qwjfriy said:
Yes, shorter version of Le Rama, similar pitch but in powder instead of corn.

Admin has occasionally gone north in spring/summer, mainly for the kayaking trips

Rama is also narrower in spots. I also skied a chute very near Rama call Olympic that was narrower and very long (and with a couple ice waterfalls we had to rappel).

My point about Admin is he has gone in every direction EXCEPT west for his spring/summer trips. At least that I have seen postings on over the years.

EMSC":1pe7dpde said:

Oh, it's been on the radar, from the Deep Creeks to points further west. It just hasn't happened yet. I've even planned trips out there only to have companions bail on me at the last moment.

Back