Posting via email

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Some of you browsing around since last evening may have noticed some magically appearing (and nearly immediately disappearing) "test" messages posted to our Liftlines user forums. What started as a rather innocuous goal -- automating delivery of Utah Avalanche Center avalanche forecasts as new posts in our Western resort forum -- had an unanticipated fringe benefit: the ability to post to Liftlines via email...including attachments!

We've established it as a one-way inbound capability only, and only in two forums (western resorts and eastern resorts), so in reality it will only have minimal impact in how you use Liftlines. The big benefit will be the ability for those with Internet-enabled camera phones to send a No-Bull Ski Report complete with a photo or two right from wherever they are! :shock:

To send a western report via email, address it to:
western(at)firsttracksonline.com

To send an eastern report via email, address it to:
eastern(at)firsttracksonline.com

Emails are accepted from registered users only, and the email must come from the email account that you registered with at Liftlines. You will automatically be identified as the poster. Emails received from unregistered email addresses will be rejected. The subject of your email will automatically be converted to the subject of your post.

Real-time No-Bull Ski Reports are here!

salida":tgne59qb said:
Anyway to get the tucks one in the eastern forum??

Sure, if they distribute it via email. Looking at tuckerman.org, the link from the avalanche.org website, I don't see any list signups. Am I missing it? Likewise I don't see an email weather feed from the Observatory, either.

Sweet!
This gives me a great excuse to buy a new camera phone...

Oh, Wait... I don't live anywhere near skiing that's worth taking pictures of...

Jonny D":ww8mbajv said:
Sweet!
This gives me a great excuse to buy a new camera phone...

Oh, Wait... I don't live anywhere near skiing that's worth taking pictures of...
:lol:

I guess the same could be said of the Ottawa local scene, even if it has produced great skiers. :?

Where do you ski local Jonny?

My 'Local' hills would be Blue Mountain about an hour and a half away but the tickets are almost $50 now.
For a while my local hill was Talisman because a bunch of my friends were ski-patrollers there and so I only had to pay $17 for a day pass. Their terrain wasn't too interesting, and my firends have all moved to patrol a private ski club now, so no more cheap tickets for me!

Jonny D":1rw0waoh said:
Talisman...my firends have all moved to patrol a private ski club now, so no more cheap tickets for me!

I heard of Talisman, where is it? It's not close to Georgian Bay, correct?

How do the private works? Can you be invited there or do you have to be a member. I remember seeing Devil (something I think) on the Niagara Escarpment driving on the 401 two summer ago. Looks like an awesome race hill (pretty sure it's private).

Ah yes, to remain on topic.

Marc, posting via email is a great feature.

Thanks.

=D>

Back