Aspen & KSL Purchase Mammoth

I hope the rest of the 3 1/2 month old article you linked is more accurate than "Considering that some of Aspens’ mountains are part of the Mountain Collective Pass". All four Aspen ski areas are part of Mountain Collective, not just Snowmass. I've used mine at Aspen Highlands and Aspen Mountain (Ajax)

There were some more recent links posted about this purchase this week beginning with post 165 and including my post 178 at http://forum.pugski.com/threads/intrawe ... ost-128893

Some people got a little too excited and thought Andy Wirth may have been demoted from CEO at Squaw to President and COO, but it appears that there will be only one CEO in the combined company, not one at each mountain. Also interesting is that Rusty Gregory, formerly Mammoth’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, is now the Senior Strategic Advisor and is an investor in the new company and will serve on their board.

Yes the deals were negotiated in April and closed this week. That's why all of these areas will stay in their own pass programs (Mountain Collective for Aspen/Squaw/Mammoth, Max Pass for the former Intrawest resorts) for 2017-18. It's still anybody's guess what will happen in 2018-19.

Back