Eldora, CO 12-10-17

EMSC

Game Changer:

The new detachable 6 pack lift that is. It will completely change the way the hill skis. It stops a bit too frequently but i suppose that the locals need some time to adjust. It has 'gates' that open and drop you onto a conveyor belt system that oddly pushes you back onto a thin layer of snow for the chair to pick you up.

I was only there for a few hours of actual on-snow time, but managed 14 runs (2 of them on the fixed grip IP Chairlift) for a bit over $14K vertical. Roughly 5 runs on the upper mtn are currently open along with ~90% of the beginner and terrain park trails on the lower mountain. Things were a bit scratchy mixed with softer stuff, with the biggest exceptions being skiers right of Jolly Jug and LaBelle which were quite nice and soft (obviously many laps on those).

I was up for a specific ski team thing that Jr needed to attend, but then he had a birthday party to attend by mid- afternoon, thus my low hours. As everyone in the west is experiencing, warm temps (fortunately no melt or even softening due to the very low sun angle) and blue skies for a nicely fun jaunt out to the hill.

0$Images$28_102_PANAP1020784JPG.jpg

0$Images$29_102_PANAP1020785JPG.jpg

0$Images$33_102_PANAP1020789JPG.jpg

0$Images$35_102_PANAP1020791JPG.jpg

EMSC":8qcdurvo said:
It has 'gates' that open and drop you onto a conveyor belt system that oddly pushes you back onto a thin layer of snow for the chair to pick you up.
Most of the 6 and 8 packs in Austria work that way. I think they want everyone on the same horizontal line when the chair arrives to pick people up.

Back