Eldora, CO 1-14-18

EMSC

Near repeat of last Sunday http://www.firsttracksonline.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12548

Basically the exact same story as last weekend but with a few new inches of very windblown snow (offically 16" over 4 days, but good luck finding most of it, lol). That said, several trails and most left hand side of most trails was quite good with occasional scrapey patches. Best snow as usual on Alpenhorn on the backside.

A few new trails open this week though it appears that either water, budget, time or something else has run out on this year snowmaking. A couple of trails remain that they could still make snow on, but have clearly chosen not to. A couple of those are even open though on very thin & somewhat sketchy thin snow (eg Psyopath and upper Ambush). THough a few spots have gotten enough that they have done some 'guided' tours of the steeps on the backside. The guess is that one more good storm should open up a number of additional trails (the steeps on the backside are not nearly as windblown as 90%+ of the trails so retain everything they get).

My interesting and fun note of the week is that Eldora is reporting more YTD snowfall than Vail as of today (75" vs 72").

I tallied myself at 25K verts from 9a-3p with a long-ish lunch break with Jr.

Only one very early cell pic all day:
20180114_091731.jpg

Back