Alta UT 11/23-24/2018

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Days 1-2 for Alta, days 1-2 for me.

Alta opened on Friday with 9" of new snow overnight and top-to-bottom skiing in the "Mambo Corridor" as the resort called it. That meant Mambo/Meadow/Corkscrew, but there were some other goodies available, including Aggie's Alley, the whole WIldcat Ridge from Stimulation through Warmup to Punch Bowl, and down low Nina's Curve, Schuss Gully and Collins Face. It was so much fun to be "home" again and see everyone after a 7-month summer. Legs tired easily, but that's part of skiing oneself into shape.

DSC02327.JPG

DSC02328.JPG

DSC02329.JPG

DSC02332.JPG

DSC02333.JPG

DSC02338.JPG

DSC02341.JPG

DSC02342.JPG

Nov. 24: Add another 17 inches of new snow overnight, but also add cold and wind. It was 10ºF at the top of Collins at mid-day with gusts approaching 60 mph (windchill -39ºF in the gusts), which made it downright nippy. Visibility was tough (sometimes you had to stop to wait for the hill to stop moving) but the skiing was fabulous for November! The camera understandably only came out from under my jacket a couple of times.

DSC02346.JPG

DSC02351.JPG

Tomorrow I'm expecting that we'll have Sugarloaf and perhaps Sunnyside added to the menu.

Back