What skis to purchase

vedro

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum, just wanted to say and and ask for some advice on ski equipment.

I am a intermediate skier and I've always rented equipment but I am looking to purchase this year. I ski East Coast, and I am basically looking for an all-mountain ski.

I am 5'7" 155lbs, what size skis should I buy?
I have been looking at 05 Scream Pilot 10, and Rossi Bandit B2s.
I have never bought any skis so I dont know if these are good or even the right ones.
Does anyone have good advice?
Thanks!

vedro":28lugj5h said:
Does anyone have good advice?

Yeah: demo.

I'm not being a smart aleck -- that's the best advice that I can give you. You wouldn't buy a car without a test drive first, right? The same thing goes for skis, IMO. I own a pair of the Scream Pilot Hots, and I love them -- I find them to be relatively quick, agile and snappy. Someone else, however, may not like them for the same reason, if they prefer a damper, more stable ski. You say "tomato," I say "to-mah-to." Know what I mean? :wink:

'Tis the season for demo days, so check the website of your favorite resort and find out when they're holding theirs. Try as many different all-mountain skis as possible, often for free, then reach your own decision.

And vedro, let me be the first to warmly welcome you to Liftlines. It's a terrific little ski and snowboard community.

Thanks a lot for the advice. I will look into the 'demo days' and hopefully I will be able to find something suitable.
Thanks for the warm welcome as well. I have been reading through the forums trying to get a feel for the environment.

let me be the second to offer a warm welcome to liftlines. marc's advice is on point. what works for one skier won't work for another. the guys at demo day tents from the various companies will be able to talk with you abot your abilitieres, make a selection, and then after taking a run evaluate if your needs were met or if you need anotrher ski, or size/

Thanks again. I live in PA, so hopefully I will be able to find a demo day nearby, because there isnt much around :x

Back