Snowbird midweek. MLK week.

jnelly

Heading to SLC Jan 19-23rd. Curious as to how busy Snowbird is midweek (would be my first time there). I’ve been seeing that LCC and BCC have become busy now that ikon rules the world. So that said. Anyone have first hand knowledge of this. I’m trying to get my logistics down for the places I’d like to hit.
I’ve been to cottonwoods midweek but it’s been 3 years, so I am hoping it’s still relatively quiet.
Please let me know, I appreciate any info.

Alta and Snowbird had similar visitation in 2018-19 as in the equally excellent 2016-17 season. However, there is a long term trend over the past 12 years or so of Snowbird gradually getting busier. I'm there every year for the second week of March. As for Ikon, Alta/Snowbird have been on the Mountain Collective since 2014, and we are among many who swapped MCP for Ikon.

The radical impact of the Ikon is upon Solitude. Solitude was aptly named before, the quietest of the Cottonwood resorts and not on a popular multiarea pass. Now Solitude is owned by Alterra and is the only Ikon resort with unlimited days in Utah.

Great info. I’ve heard this about Solitude also and will be skiing there midweek too. I’m expecting it not to be Solitude of old but hopefully it’s tolerable. Been checking the cams over the weekend with people/kids off for break and such and it didn’t seem very busy at all.

Back