Rattails!

yak

I just finished trimming my new skins and creating rattails on them, based on instructions from this site.

It wasn't as difficult as I expected. I used a dremel tool and a file to create the tail grooves to keep the rattails centered on the ski. I even applied a bit of my typical over-engineering by adding a rivet and washer on each tail where they're normally just looped and taped.

I didn't need to cover the sticky side of the rattails with tape, because the BD version has glueless strip down the center, which also helped in cutting the rattails straight (although the picture shows the worse-cut of the two).

The Fritchi Freerides have that nice little protrusion to loop the bungees over, so I didn't have to drill into my new skis. Here's the finished product:

107_0750.jpg

oh man, you are going to love that setup!!! 8800s with freerides, my kind of setup (well, it is... kinda.).

yeah, I'll be riding them Saturday afternoon at Pow Mow. Lots of picture will flow

Hey Yak, if you find yourself skiing somewhere down here (Alta, Snowbird, Solitude, PCMR) on a weekend let me know, and we'll hook up for a few.

Admin":2cipuaud said:
Hey Yak, if you find yourself skiing somewhere down here (Alta, Snowbird, Solitude, PCMR) on a weekend let me know, and we'll hook up for a few.

I'm not sure we'll make it down that far. But we're planning on skiing Snowbasin on Tuesday (it's 2 for 1), and a college buddy of mine is #2 on the ski patrol there.

let me know if that would work. We'll have a small party of 8 :wink:

Thanks, but a Tuesday will be next to impossible for me. Snowbasin and Pow Mow are both terrific hills - you'll have a blast!

Back