Improved wireless in Little Cottonwood Canyon

If the cable and towers are going in then it means a public hearing must happened at some point. The only way to stop these towers from going in is public outrage and it appears that hasn't happened. The safety issue is always a big selling point for the wireless towers. Just got my interest because we here in Mt baldy are fighting to keep a cell tower out of our community and apparently we are losing the fight. http://keepbaldywild.com/about-us/

I do remember some kind of public discussion a couple of years ago. Also, this is a "distributed antenna system" - these are not what you normally think of as cell phone tower antennas. They are much smaller and far less visually obtrusive. Here's an ATT distributed antenna mounted on a power pole in Palo Alto:
distributed cell antenna.jpg

reefuss12":ejj211ni said:
The only way to stop these towers from going in is public outrage and it appears that hasn't happened. The safety issue is always a big selling point for the wireless towers. Just got my interest because we here in Mt baldy are fighting to keep a cell tower out of our community and apparently we are losing the fight.

Just a quick update on this - the towers have been completed in both canyons this past autumn. As I mentioned in my earlier post, these are not the typical cell phone towers that generate "public outrage" since they're much smaller repeaters. Here's what they look like (this one in Big CC near Storm Mountain):
DSC_0102.JPG

Cell service in LCC last week seemed worse than during the past couple of seasons.

On the LCC road those cell towers will have to be strategically placed to stay out of avalanche paths.

Tony Crocker":1nteebax said:
Cell service in LCC last week seemed worse than during the past couple of seasons.

They're not yet operational in LCC. As I understand it there was a subcontractor screw-up that will prevent their completion until this summer.

Back