Aspen Mt., CO, Jan. 19, 2015

Tony Crocker

Administrator
Staff member
After 9 days of skiing concluding with Highlands Bowl I was ready for a mellow day. Liz and I walked over to the Aspen Mt. gondola and got on the hill about 11AM. We skied a couple of upper mountain cruisers and then then Ruthie’s. Cutting back to the gondola we passed this long ski fence.
IMG_7473.JPG

I also took Liz on the shrine tour that tseeb and I had done a year ago. Liz and Marilyn:
IMG_7477.JPG

We had lunch at Bonnie’s at 2PM, about the time the weather turned overcast. After lunch Aspen Mt. seemed nearly deserted.
IMG_7484.JPG

We finished the day with what I knew Liz would appreciate: the Jimi Hendrix shrine.
IMG_7489.JPG

IMG_7491.JPG

IMG_7492.JPG

Some of the Aspen gondola cars have speakers and music jacks.
IMG_7478.JPG

We finished with 18,000 vertical, returned to the Limelight for spa and happy hour, then went out for an Italian dinner at Casa Tua.

Liz has slight pressure on the top of her foot. Since she's skiing full days with good performance, the boot guys in Vail think she should let the liner "break in" before making further adjustments. It also makes sense to wait until Utah, where Steve at Christy Sports Snowbird can see her on a recurring basis .

Tony Crocker":311ijs7v said:
Liz has slight pressure on the top of her foot. Since she's skiing full days with good performance, the boot guys in Vail think she should let the liner "break in" before making further adjustments. It also makes sense to wait until Utah, where Steve at Christy Sports Snowbird can see her on a recurring basis .

IMO she shouldn't be in anything even remotely close to a 120 flex. Just sayin'.

It's a 110 not 120. Liz had a lesson first day in Jackson which shoed some positive results the past 2 days. Also, it's easier for a boot fitter to soften the 110 than to stiffen the 90 if it comes to that .

Maybe there is some manufacturer variation. Liz says the Salomon 110 has similar flex to the Lange 100 she skied for several years through the 2012-13 season.

I think I recall reading somewhere that the boot flex number is relative within a brand, but not across brands. Kinda like ski trail ratings.

Marc_C":139n5kge said:
I think I recall reading somewhere that the boot flex number is relative within a brand, but not across brands. Kinda like ski trail ratings.
True. It's not like a DIN standard.

Back