Mt Bachelor April 9, 2015

schubwa

And the hits just keep on coming here in the Central Oregon Cascades. I last reported a week ago on Thursday, which I felt was argueably the best day so far this season. Since then we've had snow nearly everyday and our mid-mountain snowpack is at 100", not bad for this year! Last Saturday was another Summit day with access off the back to the west and then the Outback Chair. Since NWX is closed for the season (a broken drive shaft) you are forced to go to Outback instead. But this is good because most of NWX's best powder terrain is untracked all week until we get the next Summit day. So you get near heli-quality lines a few days a week.

IMG_1968_zpsemz6xrdv.jpg

We had a sweet Summit bluebird freshie day today. It was really good over on NWX. This is Cirque Bowl.

IMG_1970_zps8vtujbne.jpg

I was wondering when they were going to blow the ginormous cornice that was heaving out over Cirque Bowl recently. Today it went bye-bye.

IMG_1969_zpsxnycc1op.jpg

I got Th, Sat, Sun, Mon and today so I'm not missing much. Best week of the year.

IMG_1972_zpsragfw2l4.jpg

Our mountain doesn't have the best of anything except the secret.

IMG_1971_zpskpvaglad.jpg

Didn't I say a few weeks ago it was going to start snowing again here?

1-3" tonight and 1-3" tomorrow and snow Tuesday.

Timed my visit to see a friend perfectly.

That lump of ice is incredible, would love to have seen it happen, from a distance!

q":3w180rn4 said:
1-3" tonight and 1-3" tomorrow and snow Tuesday.

Timed my visit to see a friend perfectly.

Yep. Powder tomorrow and a Summit day Sunday and Wednesday. Well done.

Back