Mt Bachelor 4/15/15 Primo Blue

schubwa

From the Mt Bachelor website this morning:

You can smell the stoke in the air! Wednesday has turned out to be one of the best powder days of the season. The sun is out with low winds, lift lines are non-existant, and the snow is amazing! Summit was all time first thing and those who showed up at the bell were well rewarded. Its looking like we have a string of warm dry days ahead so things will go back into the Spring cycle but Mt. Bachelor is looking beautiful with plenty of snow after these past few storms.

IMG_1983_zpsvzvrx3o7.jpg

About 9 this morning. Another couple overnight, 10 degrees at dawn.

IMG_1984_zps2nglbrvf.jpg

Summit Chair opens up lots of possibilities.

IMG_1992_zpssflrjwct.jpg

Our second run over towards Outback, this is Snapshot Alley, unknown skier. First run Rob and I scored firsts on Devil's Backbone. Nice!

IMG_1993_zpsbo7zq10q.jpg

Ice Station Zebra. Still 95" at mid.

IMG_2003_zpsnycrmhrg.jpg

Rob's wife Michele Halderman showing how spring skiing is done on Mt Bachelor. "Valentine's Day Bowl".

After a couple laps on Summit we descended back to lapping Outback which was the best skiing I have had this year.

We did similar on the 16th also for my last lift serviced day of my trip.

Tomorrow I am hiking for turns before returning home on Tuesday.

Bring on 2016!

Given the timing of q's trips, Bachelor ought to be the routine grand finale. Note that he's seeing a more limited mountain than usual, with sketchy low elevation snowpack plus the mechanical failure of Northwest.

Did q and schubwa ever meet last week?

Back