I love to Ski. Any recommendations for Ski trips?

LucasJude29

I’m looking into some countries with occasional heavy snows enough for Ski trips, or any places that have resorts or places that offer Ski packages all together. I have never tried leaving the country before but since I’m pretty serious in advancing my skills in skiing, I thought I would spend my savings on a vacation/practice. I hear that Ukraine ski trips are pretty common for people like me since Ukraine does have winter and I hear their snow is great for skiing. Can someone give me more recommendations and some personal experiences and tips? Thanks!

None of the regulars on this forum know much about Eastern European skiing.

I have created a WorldWide Ski Map kml file on Google Earth with about 1900 ski areas pinned in the ski terrain so users can see that. The 3-year old version of that file can be downloaded here: http://www.firsttracksonline.com/ski-sn ... wnloads-2/

The companion good source of info for more obscure locations is https://www.skiresort.info/ski-resorts/ukraine

There are 48 Ukrainian areas listed but most of them are very small. I generally confined WorldWide Ski Map in Europe to areas over 1,000 vertical feet and found 5 in Ukraine. It's fairly clear from both sources that Bukovel is the largest by far. There are a few with more vertical (Bukovel has 513 meters vertical) nearby in Poland and Slovakia, but trail mileage is similar to Bukovel's.

You've not left the country (US) for skiing but are thinking your first overseas destination will be Ukraine? For an adventure I suppose that would be fine but for a great skiing experience and one that is relatively easy I would head across the border to Canada. After you've checked some hills out there you could go further afield. A flight into Geneva would give you plenty of opportunities to ski many French/Italian and Swiss mountains. A flight into Munich or Zurich would open up plenty of chances to ski in Austria.

I did not notice Location United States. I assumed anyone asking this question lived or was visiting somewhere in Eastern Europe.

Back