Winter Park, CO 12-16-18

EMSC

Quite nice.

Rather warm and sunny day for mid-December. Short Break from the ski team days at Eldora that will be common for long stretches this winter.

Spent most of our time up high on the Sunnyside, Panoramic and Eagle Wind lifts (1st time ever for both my wife and son on Eagle Wind). With a late afternoon jaunt over to the Pioneer lift as my ski partners were tiring. Making sure to hit my son's favorite Dilly Dally Alley on the way. Even found some stretches of corduroy left on Pioneer at 2:30p in the afternoon. Was also super fun to watch my son actually making carve turns at times - when not bumps nor too steep.

Temps were just below/around freezing as we have a short warm and dry stretch in our early season. Current forecast is for storminess to return just before the holiday.

With literally not a cloud in the sky, soft with occasionally firm but chalky surfaces it was about as good an early season day as you can get sans powder. Decent coverage: Probably as good as all but very late season last year. Still a few rocks here and there, but not a lot. Crowds were minimal or non-existent.

Traffic for a change was quite manageable too (I heard last weekend had been horrific traffic on I70).

20181216_102919.jpg

20181216_104951v2.jpg

20181216_105702.jpg

20181216_112549.jpg

Back