Alta, UT 02/27/06

jkamien

Today was very sunny, warm, and a little windy (e.g., top of Sugarloaf).

Unfortunately I can't begin to describe just where I was today in all the wonderful detail that admin does. However, suffice to say, I skied all over, from Devil's Castle to High Traverse, to Wildcat and much in between.

I hooked up with some other folks in the morning who are staying at GMD (Denver Dan, Detroit Mike, and Mark from somewhere else) and had a fine day. Good skiers. See below for a couple of shots of Dan in a chute off Supreme somewhere.

I missed getting back together with those three at lunch, but then met up with Amelia (local), Amelia's brother (forgot name) and Kevin, from Bakersfield, CA, who invited me to join them on a run out under Devil's Castle. We traversed very far out and the snow was the best I've seen so far. However, the traverse must have burned at least half of the vertical.

Alta needs some snow, though, which it appears will arrive as I'm leaving for the airport tomorrow, after skiing. Par for the course for my trips, unfortunately.

P.S. I had a lot of trouble staying hydrated today. I drained my Camelback in both the morning AND afternoon, and fought a slight headache all day. The past two days and today are starting to catch up with me...I am TIRED today!

Attachments

• IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 2,310
  • IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 2,316
Back