Another Major Snow Storm Heading For?

Bluebird Day

New Jersey??.... maybe we can put some lifts on the landfills in Staten Island. :ski:

What can New England do to move out this blocking high??? ](*,)

Northern VT is getting snow.

Jay Peak just got 10"

Stowe has had 20" in the last week.

It can't all be dust on crust.

Get in the car and drive north...or hop on a plane and fly west.

We are supposed to get some snow here in Utah this weekend. Unfortunately, today's storm was a bust and only put down 1" on Powder Mountain, but we are going up there anyway.

Admin":1tqywhpz said:
Powderqueen":1tqywhpz said:
6" at MRG doesn't suck either

Over a rain-saturated and refrozen base? Can you say "dust on crust"?

Who's going to Monday morning-quarterback back a few thousand miles away this time? :bs:

TRs from FIS from Jan 27 to Feb1...

Surprise! Powder’s Back!
http://www.famousinternetskiers.com/sup ... #more-2316

Surprise! Still Fresh!
http://www.famousinternetskiers.com/sur ... #more-2320

Surprise! Sun and Powder!
http://www.famousinternetskiers.com/sur ... #more-2329

Surprise! I’m out of witty powder taglines!
http://www.famousinternetskiers.com/sur ... #more-2347

Greetings From Happy Land
http://www.famousinternetskiers.com/gre ... #more-2360

If it's so good, why am I here? Full weekend of kids racing program + now I'm sick. :x

jasoncapecod":3vcc2sjt said:
personally i think the jpeak ob is :bs: ..
MRG is the only mountain that puts up a honest report..

Always weary, but Sutton, just over the hill is reporting 14 - 17cm last night

Patrick":3bdt1j67 said:
Who's going to Monday morning-quarterback back a few thousand miles away this time? :bs:

Hey! - I hooked two in one cast! Go grab that landing net and let's try to get these big boys onto the boat...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
mobile.png

Admin":3gr982rp said:
Hey! - I hooked two in one cast! Go grab that landing net and let's try to get these big boys onto the boat...

I miss the days on the forum, not so long ago, where they was some give and take, personal attacks, dirty laundry for all to see, real excitement...days when people would fight over Tiger Crocker. :lol: :lol: :lol: :stir:

jasoncapecod":1esn8u82 said:
If you are every worried about the Jay Peak observations on snow accumulation, liquid, snow depth, temperatures, etc., just check the NWS hydrometeoroligical data and compare. I don't know the elevation of the cooperative observer site, and Jay Peak's accumulation data can certainly be higher if they are taken from near the summit areas, but here are the Orleans County hydrometeorological data from today:

04FEB10A.jpg

I think that MRG is one of the best about reporting the subjective aspects of how good or bad the snow surface is, but as for the inflation of objective measurements like snow depth etc., I think that a lot of that is way overblown. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, but as someone who does a lot of rigorous snow measurement and literally skis with a ski pole calibrated to check the depth of snow, I have not found reason to doubt the snowfall reporting around here. In general, I think that complaints about inflated snow totals arise from subsequent observations made by individuals at different times, elevations, and aspects than where the snow was actually measured. For example, the data for the Jay Peak cooperative station indicate that last night's snow was 2.5% H2O. For anyone that has experience with that kind of snow, you'll know that it settles like mad! Even without any wind, I'd be very surprised if that snow was still at 10 inches of depth even after a few hours.

-J

J.Spin":nt4x21om said:
...the data for the Jay Peak cooperative station indicate that last night's snow was 2.5% H2O. For anyone that has experience with that kind of snow, you'll know that it settles like mad! Even without any wind, I'd be very surprised if that snow was still at 10 inches of depth even after a few hours.
In my first experience with snow that light, I was shocked at how I went through 18" and slammed into the underlying crust on every single turn on anything remotely steep. Meadow-skipping on the low angle terrain was the perfect antidote.

colin_extreme":kb53zhsn said:
jasoncapecod":kb53zhsn said:

Always weary (wary?), but Sutton, just over the hill is reporting 14 - 17cm last night

And we all know that Canadians don't lie...we are much too polite

Patrick":2rr836yi said:
Admin":2rr836yi said:

I miss the days on the forum, not so long ago, where they was some give and take, personal attacks, dirty laundry for all to see, real excitement...days when people would fight over Tiger Crocker. :lol: :lol: :lol: :stir:

I here ya Patrick, truth is always the first casualty of a totalitarian regime. But I think Admin's reference was Trigger not Tiger...equine big not feline big if you know what I mean, maybe an apt nickname would be Tripod n'est pas? :-s

longshanks":30nmz55d said:
not Tiger
1788e5ce-849e-4b27-9934-9a5c415a72a4

I could have posted another image, well they might be kids watching and not catch the correlation between Golf and Skiing. :stir:

Back