Anyone skiing at MRG this weekend?

20thSkier

I'm going to be up at MRG this weekend without my usual ski friends. If anyone else is going to be up there and wants to meet up, I'd definitely appreciate someone to enjoy the woods with (and I'm happy to share what little I know about the woods there with a fellow FTOer). I don't have a radio so we'd have to set up a time to meet.

Too bad...I'm driving up Sunday but won't be out on snow until Monday the 28th. I'll be up for the week.

JimG.":qsepw9vg said:
Too bad...I'm driving up Sunday but won't be out on snow until Monday the 28th. I'll be up for the week.

Sorry that I'll miss you...it sounds like you may get some fresh snow. I might have to come back up later in the week but unfortunately I have to be at work monday-wednesday.

I'll be there sometime between 3/4&3/12. I've got a 2fer coupon. Any takers? All applicants must be able to ski woods.
((*
*))NHPH

Why would you have to be able to ski woods to use the 2 fer Coupon? I would never agree to spending a day skiing with someone until I found out first hand how skilled they are. There's nothing worse than being stuck for a whole day with another skier that is either much better or much worse than one is. Anyway I'm looking for a base report on MRG, so I hope someone will report on it.

frenchbasher":3js3nz52 said:
Why would you have to be able to ski woods to use the 2 fer Coupon? I would never agree to spending a day skiing with someone until I found out first hand how skilled they are. There's nothing worse than being stuck for a whole day with another skier that is either much better or much worse than one is. Anyway I'm looking for a base report on MRG, so I hope someone will report on it.

I think the "be able to ski woods" is to ensure that they are at least skilled enough to ski with NHPowder. But I agree -- being much worse than one's partner is even less pleasant than being much better (same frustrations, but you don't even get to compliment yourself on your skill), but admittedly it's more likely to happen to some people than others! It has worked well for me though -- my fiance is a better skier than me and chasing her around the mountain has done wonders for my skiing.

I was at MRG this weekend and will post a report shortly. But the upshot on the base is: very good, though not spectacular.

Oh, and I already have a pass, so I'm no help on the 2fer coupon. But would be happy to ski woods with you if we're there a common day -- let me know when you do decide to go up.

NHpowderhound":63jkbijk said:
I'll be there sometime between 3/4&3/12. I've got a 2fer coupon. Any takers? All applicants must be able to ski woods.
((*
*))NHPH

Not the same week, but I will be down for a few days with the whole skiing family (younger one might stay with grand'ma in Montreal) at MRG somewhere between Monday 14th to Friday 18th.

Currently at MRG and would like to advise that we have been skiing powder for the last 3 days, it started snowing on Tuesday morning at 4.30 am and ended Wednesday ( 5 PM ) . I believe about 2 to 3 feet of snow fell during this time period . Tuesday and Wednesday were all powder days as heavy snow fell both days with poor visability. Powder was knee deep and in some places waist deep in drifts. Runs like Chute , Antelope ,Lynx Fall line , The glades were nothing but powder. I could go on and on but in summary all the runs were in great condition .Today the snow stopped and the winds picked up creating wind blown powder . Still great skiing as the weather conditions cleared up creating great visibilty for taking nice lines down the trails.

I skied there the last two days, and it was great. Was still getting deep shots in the woods today.

20thSkier":2oe89spg said:
my fiance is a better skier than me and chasing her around the mountain has done wonders for my skiing.
Certainly chasing gals around Boston has done wonders for my waistline, but trying to find a flame on a ski area like Sugarbush or MRG has given me serious headaches. >>She calls and tells you that she'll be on the Mountain, come and get it!!!<< I also remember an incident when I was selling skiis. A very wired hard-body was shopping my dept. She told me that she was a good skier (If a women tells you that, you have to realize that she prabably is an excellent skier.) and she had a boyfriend that wasn't. She wanted me to encourage her to ditch the guy the next time she was skiing. However, I didn't doubt that she was going to do just that. Bear with me for one other anecdote, please. I used to work with Penny Streak (sp.?), sister of Pikaboo and a top knotch skier. I was never terribly attracted to her because she had a kind of garrish way of wearing make-up at work. I had also heard that she only dated Ski Team types. Nevertheless, I spent so much time with her, I thought I would give it a shot and made a half-hearted effort to ask her out. She laughed and said >>couldn't I do better than that?<< Although it was a bit humbling, she did let me off the hook. I never knew how good a skier she was until I saw her on T.V. years later. The real lesson here would be that if you want to get off the hook, make a half-hearted approach. Years later, I drove to Sun Valley from Salt Lake. I knew she was living there so I tried looking her up. She was working at the X-C touring center, but not that day. They called her for me and we talked on the phone. She didn't remember me, but gave me a lot of tips about skiing thereabouts. Once again I was humbled and was spared the embarrassment of skiing with a woman who was much better at the sport than I.

Anthony":xgarphoa said:
Currently at MRG and would like to advise that we have been skiing powder for the last 3 days, it started snowing on Tuesday morning at 4.30 am and ended Wednesday ( 5 PM ) . I believe about 2 to 3 feet of snow fell during this time period . Tuesday and Wednesday were all powder days as heavy snow fell both days with poor visability. Powder was knee deep and in some places waist deep in drifts. Runs like Chute , Antelope ,Lynx Fall line , The glades were nothing but powder. I could go on and on but in summary all the runs were in great condition .Today the snow stopped and the winds picked up creating wind blown powder . Still great skiing as the weather conditions cleared up creating great visibilty for taking nice lines down the trails.
Are you trying to make those of us that aren't there envious?

Back