Easter Weekend

Kevin

I want to take a ski vacation during Easter weekend, does anyone have suggestions as to what would be safe for this time period. We wanted to take a family trip back to Sugarloaf, but the drive is just to far for only 3 days. I was thinking about going to Whiteface, but I do not know if this is a safe bet for Mid-April. Usually this is closing weekend for alot of resorts + this is a lean snow year for most, so I guess this year will not be the best. Does anyone have any suggestions for lodging at Whiteface, thanks.

In the East you're bucking the odds going that late. Latitude is the major driver for snow preservation since altitude is so low. So Sugarloaf is probably the best choice, with Stowe/Smuggs/Jay being next. <BR> <BR>But you should scrounge Southwest or Jet Blue for cheap fares to SLC and get some real quality skiing. <BR> <BR>There are 3 families with timeshares in our Snowbird group at the Iron Blosam next week, and one of them is from New Jersey. It is not unusual for eastern members of the group to come for only 3 or 4 days.

I'm going to Whiteface last weekend in March. Its usually real good at that time- but they start losing trails real quick after that. I've stayed at Swissacres a couple of times- nice place, good price. Its about 2 hrs to several of the Vermont ski areas if the conditions were really bad.

Back