France and Zermatt

jasoncapecod

My wife wanted to take the kids on there first Euro trip this summer. She wanted Paris and the Loire Valley . I wanted the Normandy (D-Day beaches) and the Alps.

Not wanting to write a play by play of the trip . I'll let the pics speak for themselves.. And the skiing was a absolute blast. Definitely a top ten day

Attachments

• Picture 108 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 108 (Medium).jpg
    81 KB · Views: 7,770
  • Picture 146 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 146 (Medium).jpg
    77 KB · Views: 7,773
  • Picture 124 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 124 (Medium).jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 7,765
  • Picture 370 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 370 (Medium).jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 7,764
  • Picture 390 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 390 (Medium).jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 7,778
  • Picture 400 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 400 (Medium).jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 7,784
  • Picture 406 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 406 (Medium).jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 7,765
I instantly recognized the Zermatt T-bars, confirmed by the subsequent photo in the village. Nicely done!

Nice shots! I didn't realize it was year round skiing there. Wondering if I can swing some turns on my honeymoon in september. We're going from Grindelwald to Vienna. Anyhow, it looks great!

There about a 100 vertical foot lift off the Jungfraujoch. It's in no way worth it, but you could easily rent the skis up there and go hike partway up one of the surrounding peaks. I'm sure they wouldn't be too happy, but there was clearly nothing stopping you from doing it, although I might not trust the skis they were renting--I'd definitely bring a screw driver to increase the DIN. I'll see if I have any pictures of this area.

Back