go 2 stowe?

billski

Need your opinion whether it's worth heading up to Stowe for a Friday ski tomorrow. I've already got a voucher, and a place to stay, but I'm almost inclined to hold back and hope for better conditions another Friday this season. I'd hate to burn up a vacation day and a tix voucher, then again, I'd sure like to ski.

Further rain may hold off, but with LFGR conditions, and the only trails open are snowmaking blues/greens, I am hesitant.

Any gambler prognosticators on future weather trends?

Sugarbush and MRG are both offering 1/2price tix.
MRG reports ?a lot of water on the mtn?, SB is closing the tops of the mtns to make snow for the weekend.
I suspect that Stowe will working hard for better weekend conditions and that perhaps Friday will look more like a ?construction zone? so-to-speak.
Stowe in their arrogance is continuing to charge full price. Leaning more toward the go-to-work-day scenario...

If it were March 19 I'd think about it. But surely there will be a better Friday sometime over the next 2 months.

Facing the same situation with a Jay trip next weekend(27,28,29) as do we go for it or postpone . Checking long range forecast probably postpone as things gotta improve in Feb/March . Been down this road before and no sence driving 3 hours south for Jay groomers as we want the good stuff. As for this weekend ,looks like Laurentian groomers maybe some snow this weekend will have to wait and see.

Back