jasoncapecod

Attachments

• IMG_4154 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_4154 (Medium).JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 4,394
  • IMG_4161 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_4161 (Medium).JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 4,404
Jason gets my EC-hardcore-of-the-week award... instead of driving 90 minutes to Plattekill for Tuesday's storm, he road trips seven hours each way for one day at Gunstock!
:)

Gunstock looks like a fun place. I believe they used to have a long time ago a top-to-bottom rope-tow. One of the longest, if not the longest, in the World.

jamesdeluxe":2xuvgen6 said:
Jason gets my EC-hardcore-of-the-week award... instead of driving 90 minutes to Plattekill for Tuesday's storm, he road trips seven hours each way for one day at Gunstock!
:)

:shock:

Let's put it in its honest terms: seven hours each way for a couple of hundred steepish verts followed by a 1000-vert runout. Jason, you're either core or nuts -- I can't decide which.

it was ONLY 4 hrs home...
Definitely more NUTS than core.. Still it was better than day at insane asylum where I work..
Would I do it again..Ahhh No

In Jason's defense 8-[ , his original plan was to ski two days in northern VT, but like so many storms this season, it stayed south after he had already committed to New England.

I'll be devils advocate, and I'm sure I'll get hammered for it ...

The guy sees a storm on the horizon.

Gets a couple days off from work.

Has no specific plan, but to follow the snow.

Looks at the GFS, and picks Cannon.

Drives to Southern NH and parks it for the night.

Gets up in the morning, surfs the web, sees that Cannon got skunked.

Finds a funky little mountain, with the biggest reported total. A mountain he'd never skied before.

That sounds like something that is prized on FTO ... flexibility.

You guys may question his sanity. Personally I think the sanity of every regular on FTO is in question.

Looks like he had a pretty good day to me. If I could have gotten the time off, I'da gone with him.

And ... who knows ... it coulda taken him 4 hours and it coulda been 18 inches.

Sometimes you just gotta get out there and go skiing.

=D>

But Jason ... in the spirit of piling on ... Id'a hit the trees at Bell on the way home. 8)

Back