Killington spinning till may 2nd ?

joegm

word is filtering out on the the site and on K zone that K is gonna spin SS till sat may 2nd....i'll give them credit for doing so and not doing some Jay peak type total BS weekend only crappola....Geoff can probably opine on the odds that they will be able to actually do so, assuming nothing insane happens meltdown wise.....i am interested in Geoffs observation of the current state of SS in terms of depth....We were at K back in NOV and DEC but have not been back since so i have no idea what they did on SS this winter for commitment to blowing....

the crew and i skied loon this past week...Jspin has slapped the glass is half full label on me and i won't argue with it....i just try and tell it like it is when i am on the hill.....tues and wed were very good days....it took till about 11am to really get rockin but once it is , it was true spring corn ... the course on Flume that they put in around the 15th for the kiddie comp has held up well and it's no freakin coincidence that they were those nasty SEEDED BUMPS that some seem to hate so much.... it is no doubt the best course loon has put in in the years i have skied there....still can't figure out why it took them to mid march to do it.....but it's not just them... im told K ripped down a perfectly good course that was on needles eye mid winter also after 3 days ....ridiculous....there was no one skiing both days except a few large groups of british teenagers...

on the downside, our sources tell us loon , which preannounced april 19th, has told the employees, 1) it will be april 12th, 2) the employee day they have has been cancelled, and 3) the hike and huck they have usually in mid to late may in the jib park is off.....

total crappola...they have more than enough snow there to spin till at least the 19th and they could easily go beyond....the amount of snow they have in the park is almost obscene and could very easily be smashed down and used to create a line off of the 7 brothers lift....it would be a beautiful medium pitched run the would bump up very nice and could provide tremendous blue square bumping well through april ....they could easily give K a run at the 1st weekend in may....but that is pipedream in a regular year, never mind this economic year.....

our intention was to go to wildcat this past week, but we have reports that cat is in horrible shape and might not make it past next week either....

if that's the case, it'll be big K for the final three in april.... maybe i''ll bring some pork product up and plant my ass in bay one with my buddy Geoff :wink: ....or does that shift over if it's just SS?

Back