Kmart 12-5-99

Sean Mackey

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 12/7/99. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>I made the first trip of the year to the holy land. And it rained. It's <BR>probably the Flatlander curse. Driving up friday night reminded <BR>me more of spring time than December. Saturday morning I was at KBL by 8:30 <BR>and added up a number of things: <BR> <BR>1) Two runs down from this point <BR>2) Rain <BR>3) Every chair heading up was filled <BR>4) $35 <BR> <BR>After talking to some people in the parking lot (who were mostly upbeat) I <BR>skipped skiing on Saturday. What made life even worse was that <BR>the sun came out by 11am. Back at the ski house that evening two guys who were <BR>patrolling that day chastised me heavily for not skiing. That <BR>meant Sunday was going to be a ski day, no matter what. <BR> <BR>Sunday I was back at the mountain at 8:30. I decided to dress <BR>light and I'm glad I did (this also meant no plaid showing). The snow was already like <BR>mashed potatoes with some bumps forming (Skylark, bittersweet i believe). <BR>The problem was that there was a lot of traffic and some of the trail was <BR>taken up for people running gates. I decided to move over to the canyon <BR>area and found that there were actually 1.5 options down the <BR>mountain. You could ski rime all the way or half way down cut over (skiers right) to the <BR>bottom half of another trail. The snow seemed to have a better <BR>consistancy over here and it was less crowded IMHO. It was interesting <BR>downloading and then being trucked back to the base lodge. Back to the other run and the <BR>bumps were even more defined. Mostly the conditions were good, but there <BR>was some dirt appearing between an occasional bump. It added some <BR>excitement beside dodging the people. <BR> <BR>Over all it was great to be back on the boards.

Back