Mountain Collective 23/24

Sbooker

I see there are some mountains that have dropped off the pass. Thredbo here in Australia being one.
I intend on doing a spring trip to either Canada or USA in 2024 so it’s probably still worth it for me. Revelstoke/Panorama/Banff/Marmot is on my radar but an El Niño is being tipped so something that involves Taos might be more suitable. Disappointed that Mammoth doesn’t feature anymore as a road trip between Taos and there would be nice. I guess driving up to Alta and Snowbird would offer a chance to take in nice scenery too.

@Sbooker You are probably lucky to not be tempted to drive from Taos to Mammoth. That is two solid days (16 hrs/1,061 miles from town of Taos) of driving and only good place to stop to ski is Arizona Snow Bowl near Flagstaff. Enroute, you could also stop at Petrified Forest (Just off I-40) or Grand Canyon (less than 1.5 hrs from Flagstaff) National Parks. Further out of the way are Las Vegas, Death Valley and Joshua Tree.

Shorter drives from Taos to places still on Mountain Collective are:
A-Basin under 5 hrs with places to ski along way
Aspen 6 hrs 15 min with places to ski along way
Alta/Snowbird SLC is 10 hrs 15 min from Taos without great ski stops besides Durango, but you would go through Moab and close to Mesa Verde and Arches National Parks.

@Sbooker You are probably lucky to not be tempted to drive from Taos to Mammoth. That is two solid days (16 hrs/1,061 miles from town of Taos) of driving and only good place to stop to ski is Arizona Snow Bowl near Flagstaff. Enroute, you could also stop at Petrified Forest (Just off I-40) or Grand Canyon (less than 1.5 hrs from Flagstaff) National Parks. Further out of the way are Las Vegas, Death Valley and Joshua Tree.

Shorter drives from Taos to places still on Mountain Collective are:
A-Basin under 5 hrs with places to ski along way
Aspen 6 hrs 15 min with places to ski along way
Alta/Snowbird SLC is 10 hrs 15 min from Taos without great ski stops besides Durango, but you would go through Moab and close to Mesa Verde and Arches National Parks.
Good info. Thanks. I’m looking forward to reacquainting myself with North America next month. It’s been a long 3 years.

Back