No. Colorado: Best snow for T-Day?

option_ride

We have decided to head up to NOCO to share in the powder for T-day. Who has the best snow right now? So far I am looking at Winter Park. Also any tips on cheap lodging would be nice. Cheers.

Winterpark is probably your best bet right now. Any of the ski areas that serve the front range are in good shape right now. So Vail, Loveland, Copper, A-basin etc are pretty good. At this point I think Winterpark is going to have the best pow stashes for you. They are planning on opening the Jane the day before Thanksgiving. So there should be plenty of good snow to spare.

Thanks Killclimbz, I booked at WP and even found a pet-friendly hotel so the mut can go with us :)

For anyone else looking check out bookit.com. There were a lot of "buy 2 nights get 1 free" deals. Also if you purchase your lifts online you get a $10 discount... Man, lift's have gotten pricy at the big resorts...

Very sweet.

Cody and I will probably be up riding on the pass on Friday and Saturday. Things are starting to get nice...

Hey Killclimbz, Berthoud Pass looks very sweet. I was salivating at all the cool little chutes and drops and open terrain and great tree lines and...and...

Anyway, I'm gonna have to try and hit that up this spring. Oh, and I love the signs warning you that they will be shooting long range artillery at you at any moment. Is that the new hardcore thing to do? :lol:

I guess they have to put the warning signs there even though I have never seen them shooting at any of the main areas on the pass. The only spot I have seen them bomb long range is the Stanley Slide Path. That is a huge mother and crosses the hwy twice. It starts from the top of Stanely peak and runs all the way to the valley floor by Berthoud Falls. The other spot they bomb is rarely ridden. Either way they generally close the pass when bombing so it's kind of hard to be in those areas when they are doing it.
The terrain around there is pretty amazing. There are like 5 Winterpark's worth of terrain to explore there..

Back