Okemo, VT 1/8/00 & Bromley, VT 1/9/00

Peter

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 1/10/00. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>I too was at Okemo on Saturday and Bromley on Sunday. The weekend was nearly free as my sister-in-law was responsible for part of the Pontiac promotion at both mountains and we came along as "helpers". <BR> <BR>Brad was right about Okemo. Lots open, slight crowds, not much challenging terrain, and slightly better than typical New England conditions. I think my daughter and son enjoyed the daycare but were happy to see us at lunch and at the end of the day. <BR> <BR>Sunday at Bromley was not bad. Plenty of sun, decent terrain. Bromley skis bigger than it actually is. AT @1,300 vertical you don't expect much but some of the trails were quite long. No black diamonds open. The morning brought nice packed powder that was good considering the crappy winter we've had so far. <BR> <BR>The afternoon saw slightly slushy conditions. Kinda felt like the subway at times - lurching forward as the subway slows down!. Snow, slush, snow, slush, etc... Speed, slow, speed, slow, etc... Got jerked many times (keep it to yourself!!). Kids loved the daycare. Was going to put my 2.5 year old daughter on skis but she was napping at the time.

Back